Aimee Reynolds, owner of Aimee Reynolds Photography, and I walked through the glass doors of Stowe's Jewelers and were greeted by warm smiles, sweet southern accents and a long wall of fine china, crystal, and beautiful serving pieces. Aimee and I had so much fun playing with Peggy Wiggins, one of Stowe's owners. She shared some very helpful tips on picking the perfect pattern and how not to get stressed out over their huge selection. Here is what we learned;
1) One of Peggys biggest recommendations is to come into Stowe's and taking a look around, snap a few photos, and go home and think about it. This process doesn't need to be stressful, so she said its perfectly fine to take your time and think about the patterns, price ranges and various pieces you will need.
2) To create a finished look Peggy always recommends putting a charger on the registry. A solid color, like silver or gold, is very versatile and will work with most every day, formal, and holiday china patterns.
3) If you want to add some pizzaz or interest to a traditional setting pick a fun salad plate. It can add a little dimension and color to the setting without being so overwhelming.
4) A popular trend here in the South is monogramming your china. You can monogram your salad plate in the center, or even your dinner plate on the outer edge. This is a neat way to make a traditional and simple setting a little more fun and custom. Below you will see a monogrammed bread and butter plate and a unique salad plate paired with a more traditional dinner plate and charger.
5) Be sure to check out their every day china. These are the plates you will use for taco Tuesday, spaghetti night or morning cereal. One of the top selling brands at Stowe's is Casafina. These plates and serving pieces could easily be mistaken for hand made pottery. They are also dishwasher, over and microwave safe, which make them great for every day use.
Stowe's Jewelers has been open for 56 years and specializes in custom jewelry design, bridal registry, engraving, and fine jewelry at every price range. Stay tuned for another post on Stowe's Jewelers featuring some of their gorgeous engagement rings and a few helpful tips on picking the perfect engagement ring!
You can visit Stowe's at ;
393 Fairhope Avenue, Fairhope, AL
Jenna Laine Weddings, LLC